Last Minute Simple Dinner Recipe
Due to temperatures in the mid-low 20s, and windchill in the teens -- our lacrosse scrimmages were canceled, today...
So, I had time to whip up a simple dinner, while attempting to cross off items on my endless to-do list! :)
On tonight's menu, we have:
Creole (turkey) Sausage, Peppers, & Rice
Here's whatcha' need/ what I did:
- 1 boil in bag (brown) rice
- 1 package smoked turkey sausage
- creole seasoning (can add cajun, cayenne, and/or crushed red pepper, if desired)
- 1 green pepper (can add red pepper too, if desired)
- chicken broth
- optional: olive oil
RICE & PEPPERS:
1. Bring chicken broth to a boil, add rice, reduce heat, and continue cooking until water is absorbed *approx. 10 mins. Add chopped green peppers and set aside.
SAUSAGE & THE REST:
2. Cut sausage into circular pieces, (optional- heat olive oil in skillet), and sauté sausage, until cooked thoroughly. Add creole seasoning.
3. Add rice and peppers into skillet, or through everything in crockpot and warm until ready to eat.