Last night, I put in a little more effort for dinner, and gave my Crock Pot a night off! :)
Here’s what was on our menu, Monday…
Greek Yogurt Chicken & Quinoa:
This dish is a little different, for some people, but I like it… and Scott does too! :) WIN!
Plus, it’s healthy!
Here's whatcha' need/ what I did:
- 1C (Red) Quinoa
- Olive Oil
- 1lb Thinly Sliced Chicken Breast
- Lemon Pepper, Mediterranean Seasoning, or any desired seasoning
- 1-2C Green Beans or desired amount
- Craisins - handful or desired amount
- 1C Plain Greek Yogurt
1. Combine 1C quinoa with 2C water or chicken broth in saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and continue cooking until water is absorbed and germ has spiraled out from grains. *approx. 12-15 mins. fluff and set aside.
CHICKEN & THE REST:
2. Heat olive oil in skillet, and sauté chicken, until cooked through. Add desired seasoning (I’ve used Mediterranean & lemon pepper).
3. Add a bit more oil, then add in green beans and craisins. Add more seasoning, as desired.
4. Once green beans are cooked through/ begin to brown, add-in quinoa, then thoroughly stir-in greek yogurt.