What's For Dinner Wednesday!?
Busy days and cold weather = (you guessed it!) Crock Pot Dinners!
Tonight recipe is another really simple, and healthier, option:
Cheesy Enchilada Chicken (and Rice)
The first time I made this, I did it in a pan on the stove (so that’s an option)…
Today, I’m trying it in the Crock Pot!
Here's whatcha' need:
enchilada seasoning packet
1. Pour a couple ounces of water and some of the enchilada seasoning into the crock pot & stir.
2. Place ground chicken in crock pot.
3. Pour a couple more ounces of water and the rest of the seasoning on top of ground chicken & mix it all together.
*If I am at home, I stir periodically, and add the shredded cheese throughout the cooking time. If not, add some cheese during this initial step.
4. Cover with lid and set crock pot.
*all cookers have different settings, so adjust according to your settings and time table/situation*
5. Stir and break apart meat. **Again, if I’m at home, I do this periodically, throughout the cooking time.
OPTIONAL: boil brown rice and add-in once meat is prepared, or serve separate onto plate.
*can also add hot sauce or a bit more cheese, if desired :)
As always - I welcome FEEDBACK! :)